Monday, June 20, 2005

Alphabetized Spices

While preparing Coq au Vin tonight, Noah noticed that our (very large) spice cabinet contains alphabetized spices. Never mind that the spices have been arranged that way for the 17 years we've lived in this house -- but is such an arrangement so unusual? It seems as though grocery stores display spices in this fashion. I suppose a problem emerges when trying to decide whether to shelve crushed red pepper under 'c,' 'r,' or 'p,' but now I wonder if alphabetizing one's spices counts as odd behavior! My previous rector, in fact, found it quite amusing when I rearranged her spice cabinet, and then insisted that I do the condiments next. So please, someone, tell me that of course your spices also are in such an order.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

hmm... not spices, but I do try to keep the cds alphabetized. But now that you mention it - maybe in the new kitchen I'll give it a try!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Cds and dvds, certainly.

My spices, however, consist of garlic powder and basil, and they're tossed behind my other food, which is the closest I can come to a dark cabinet. So no, they're not alphabetized - but again, maybe someday...

6:14 PM  
Blogger Dawgdays said...

Yes, our spices are alphabetized.

I used to accuse the spouse of being obsessive, but I think I'd do it that way too - it makes them waaaay easier to find!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I did have alphabetized spices. Having moved, we have very few spices. Someday, I will have a spice shelf again, with alphabetized spices. No one else will be allowed to cook with it.

Although I am an ENFP, I was very J about the spice shelf (grin)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home