Saturday, April 01, 2006

April

"April is in my Mistress' Face" is the title of an odd little madrigal that we often sang when we were in a traveling vocal quartet in North Carolina. The inner vocal lines were as strange as the title.

Other than its association with foolishness, what else is strange about "April?" For reasons I do not understand, I'm sometimes called "April" -- even by those whom I've known for a while! One of our seminary professors even called me April last month (and then said, "Oh no! WHY did I just call you April?!" It's very weird that this started in high school, and continues to happen now that I'm, er, mature.

Happy April Fools' day. And a special Happy Birthday to my friend Jerry, one of the best fools I've ever known.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home