Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Saying Grace

An 86-year-old assisting priest at my Field Ed site took me and my supervisor out to lunch today -- in his limo, as usual. At the time we were seated, a fashion show was in progress; two women took turns walking past the tables displaying flashy, expensive clothes and jewel-studded purses. Such absolute weirdness!

When our soup was placed before us, the older priest began to pray. Our server had walked away. When she heard him start the prayer, however, she backed up and stood in front of us, saying, "Oh, you're praying. Do you mind if I join you?" As we prayed, she stood with head bowed and hands folded in front of our table. I don't know about you, but certainly I've never had this experience before. The fashion show made me want to run out of the room, but the praying server was so worth it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Northland A said...

Limo?

5:08 AM  
Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

um, yeah... what Al said?

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home