Sunday, June 26, 2005

Chop, Chop

Chop is what I needed to do with about three minutes of my sermon today. Yesterday, when speaking the text aloud, it came out to exactly 11 minutes, all three times. It's not that any actual time limit exists, but in my mind, 14 minutes was too long. I didn't see anyone yawning, though. And my no-nonsense friend (the other Iowa deputy to GC from my parish) said with tears in her eyes, "That was so from the heart. You got me."

Good, I think; but even so, it's scary how easy it is to ad-lib in a sermon, even using a text. Now I have a whole month to prepare for the next one...and the very next day, I'll start...G R E E K !!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

I'm glad it went well; do we get to read it?

(hint, hint)

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home