Saturday, January 14, 2006

Early morning moon

I wish I were a "morning person." We arose at 4:30 a.m. and I drove John to the airport. He's now in the northwestern corner of New Mexico, spending the next week discoving what the Episcopal Church is like in Navajoland. He has arrived safely.

Driving back from the airport, I saw that the moon was huge and bright, wonderfully illuminating the interstate and surrounding trees. It also seemed to watch over my brief trip back home, as though sensing I really was not awake. If I could be in a different body, one that doesn't feel wretchedly ill before 6 a.m., I might do this more often.

Driving out of Chicago yesterday felt more challenging than usual. The snow was heavy enough that it covered all the road signs, so I made big turns and hoped that I was headed to Iowa. But with the wind and lake effect snow, I may as well have been driving to Cleveland!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home