Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year from the Land of Corn

We spent our 23rd consecutive New Year's Eve with our good friends Tim, Ellen and Nick. At midnight, Nick and Noah blew their trombone and trumpet out the front door in yet another creative rendition of a well-known fanfare. Next year, they'll have to come to Evanston -- we won't be living here in our house.

In a few hours I'll head back to my cinderblock castle. The last thing I want to do is leave home today (well, no, the last thing I'd want to do would be to watch football) but at least there's a big treat in store when I get there: my dear friend Suzanne will be visiting for the next five days.

I wish to note that the SUN is shining this morning! It's only come out on two other days since I've been home these last three weeks. A good sign, I trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home