Sunday, June 04, 2006

Greek Practice, Green Books and Cribs

On this feast of Pentecost, several of us read the gospel lesson in different languages while our deacon read the lesson in English. John read in German and I made my way through the Greek....only butchering it a few times, I think. (At least here, no one had bottle caps to toss in my direction.)

After that, we got our preaching assignments for the summer. It's all I can do to talk myself out of looking those up right away and starting to prepare. These next three days are sabbath, and I promised myself I wouldn't do church work. However, I have been reading General Convention's so-called Blue Book (which actually is green) and am amazed at some of the new prayers being proposed for life transitions. I think that my favorite is the one marking the move from a crib to a bed. (Yes, it's in there.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Ooh, good point - no bottle caps during summer Greek....

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home