Friday, July 14, 2006

Book List

Since this is my first free summer since 1977 (just before I left for graduate school), I'm spending much of it exercising, sorting through possessions in preparation for not living in our house, watching Poirot mysteries, and reading -- just because I can. The book list (so far, heavy on fiction) includes:

Elizabeth Berg, We Are All Welcome Here
Anne Tyler, Digging to America
Franz Wright, Walking to Martha's Vineyard: Poems (Pulitzer prize winner, former college classmate)
Barry Schwartz, The Paradox of Choice: Why More is Less
Elizabeth Berg, The Year of Pleasures
Sam Portaro, Conflict and the Christian Life

I especially recommend the Berg novels. Anything else out there y'all are reading right now that I shouldn't miss?

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

If you haven't already read Memoirs of a Geisha, it's worth it. I picked it up for something light, and it was to an extent, but much fuller and more interesting than I'd expected.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home