Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Irresistible Apple

While walking laps at the mall, I passed a colorful display for a new line of products in the soap/lotion/candle categories: Irresistible Apple. My hackles were up instantly. If I am told that something is irresistible, I am enough of a rebel to object that no one else can tell me whether a product is irresistible.

I love apples. It's fall (or at least, it's September) and apples sound delicious. The packaging on the "Irresistible Apple" lotion and soap drew me in through their deep garnet colors. So I sampled the lotion, as passersby are encouraged to do. The fragrance was clean and pleasant, the price reasonable. But in the end, I could not purchase this product because of its name. Please don't tell me what I can or cannot resist.

Oh, and as a side note, the lotion smells absolutely nothing like apples. Not even a hint of apple breaks through. So it's not irresistible, there's no apple, and I find it amusing that I'm writing about this to distract myself from missing my friends in Evanston!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home