Friday, July 13, 2007

Truck Blessings

As a new campus minister, I'm spending about six hours each week on Interstate 80, where countless throngs of truck drivers pass by at alarming speeds. In the business section of our local paper, an article on truckers' chronic unhealthiness caught my eye, and that same day, more than one truck veered onto the shoulder and then back to the road. I decided that I could either growl and sigh at the truckers, or start blessing them. So, I'm now blessing trucks. It's like pet blessings in that your subjects don't keep still, sometimes are muddy, and can be very noisy.

This week I've blessed FedEx, U Haul, Office Max, Crocs (yes, the holy or holey shoes)and Allied trucks, plus trucks carrying horses and fire hydrants.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home