Monday, October 01, 2007

Reading the Gospel

Before long we'll be sending Luke off for a rest, and welcoming Matthew. At clergy conference a few days ago, Dr. Katherine Grieb from Virginia Seminary led four sessions on the upcoming lessons for Advent, and talked about common themes in Matthew's gospels. She presented admirably, but...I did take a ten week course on Matthew not so long ago.

All of this leads into saying that I'm surprised by how much I miss reading the gospel during Eucharists in Iowa City. We have two deacons, and the privilege of reading/singing rightly belongs to them. (On the other hand, I've never enjoyed setting the table -- nor did I like doing it every night while growing up, really not caring much which fork rests next to the plate!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home