Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Third Sunday of Advent, Snow and Ice

As my rector pointed out, we've had snow, ice, and a winter storm advisory all three Sundays of Advent -- and snow/rain/ice is expected this weekend, too. Last Sunday morning, I drove cautiously and counted 26 vehicles in the ditch between our house and Iowa City. Many of those cars were upside down.

When I got to church I wondered whether the trip had been worth it. I gave ornaments to the three students who showed up. One had a particularly challenging week ahead. I told her that I was glad she'd have four weeks off at home with her family. She's glad, too, but she said, "But I'm really going to miss coming to church here for a month!" Those words were delicious, like a great big scoop of peppermint ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home