Friday, January 04, 2008

Dinner with organists

It's been great to have Noah and several organist buddies here for dinner all this week. Tonight, one of them asked something unexpected, which made me think of our friend Cliff in Napa, who loves praying Compline.

While digging into homemade pizza: "I have a question about Compline." David went to Compline in Seattle recently, and the choir processed in to a setting of the Magnificat.

"The Magnificat isn't normally part of the Compline service, is it?" he wanted to know. I fully realize that I'm a liturgical nerd, but I enjoyed this as a topic of dinner conversation. I love these organ students! They're leaving tomorrow, and the house will be Way, Way, Way too quiet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cliff Compline said...

The Lord Almighty grant us a peaceful night and a perfect end!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home