Friday, April 11, 2008

Excuses, excuses

Some excuses simply don't work. When Noah was in grade school, our dog loved paper and literally ate Noah's homework. Imagine how well that excuse went over.

Yesterday I was in my office in Iowa City, awaiting Mitch's arrival from another part of state (no, not governor Mitch of Indiana -- the other Mitch, the one who's mapping out the Waters of Hope bike ride around Iowa to raise $$ for clean water in Swaziland and the Sudan). We'd talked about where to go for lunch to catch up with one another's ministries. I was looking forward to it.

But then Mitch called to say that wouldn't be able to meet till much later, because he had driven a fancy rental car BACKWARDS off of a cliff from a wet, slick clay road. This is way more creative than "my dog ate my homework," and unfortunately, it really happened. But Mitch is okay -- just very sore.

This winter and spring weather have created more bad driving conditions than I've seen in the 25 years we've lived in Iowa. We're expecting snow tomorrow. People are getting grouchier by the day. But Mitch? He was actually laughing at his ridiculous accident by the time he arrived at my office!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home