Saturday, May 03, 2008

One potato, two potato...

A week ago, nine of us stood in line for an hour at Sally's Apizza in New Haven for what we were told is the best pizza most people have ever eaten. Apparently, it's normal to stand in line for 1-2 hours for this pizza.

One of the three pizzas we ordered was a potato-rosemary pizza. It looked and smelled amazing, but -- alas! --I must not be enough of a potato lover. It was okay, not great. But everyone else just lovvvvvvved it. The other two pizzas were awfully good, though.

This evening, Chef Johannes made his own potato-rosemary pizza, along with a mushroom pie for me. Again, I just found potato slices to be incredibly dull, even with such a lovely herb. What is it with me and potatoes, anyway?

Sometimes it's great to blog about trivia like this, especially after an intensive, two-day liturgy camp (with my former liturgy professor as keynote speaker)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home