Monday, October 08, 2007

Snobby Musician meets U2charist

Last night's U2charist filled the pews and brought in many new friends. Our children danced in the aisles when a bubble machine sent hundreds and hundreds of bubbles into the air during the final song. So here I am the next morning (serious snobby musician who doubted rock music in church!) to tell you that I don't know when I've had such a joyful, marvelous and holy experience leading worship. Even the cameras from two TV stations, pointed right at me, didn't seem too intrusive. People from the ONE Campaign in Des Moines joined us, handing out tee shirts and wristbands. As I looked out from the altar, faces looking back were visibly moved, and we surely praised God.

The exuberant youth of our parish helped to design the altar frontal, stoles, candlesticks, patens and chalices. I thank God for these young people!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rock on

11:48 AM  
Blogger Emily Williams said...

Awesome! I'm so glad to hear about it!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Sarah Dylan Breuer said...

How cool! I'm glad it was such a positive experience. If y'all have any prayers, sermons, playlists, wisdom, or anything else from the service that you'd like to share with others putting on similar services, please drop by the U2charist resources page and drop me a line!

Blessings to you in your ministry.

Dylan

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home