Monday, January 14, 2008

Champagne

This past weekend was noteworthy and celebratory for many friends. Ryan got married, Matthew was ordained to the priesthood, and several seminarians left for their "plunge" experience in Vermont, Florida, Washington, D.C. and ____ (I've forgotten the fourth place). I hope they all have fulfilling days and return with great stories.

I managed to awaken at 4:30 a.m. yesterday in order to get to church on time to preach at all three services. We had cake and champagne after a baptism. Pouring champagne was not my idea, but since I mentioned it in my sermon, our rector pulled out a bottle from his closet and said, "You pour." Typically serious people reacted with big smiles and unexpected laughter. But among all the comments I received, the one I found most dear came from a 12-yr-old, who greeted me at the passing of the peace with, "I liked your sermon!"

Our attentive choir director said, "I knew you'd work in food somehow!" Um, is champagne considered food?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home