Thursday, January 10, 2008

Loud, Louder, LOUDEST

The MRI experience was so noisy (banging and high pitches) that I wanted to laugh -- but that's not allowed when you're keeping still. The test shows a bulge in the lower back, causing the sciatic nerve pain. And yes, I did work out sermon details in my head during the test.

My former classmates may find it hard to believe, but I am not preaching on food this Sunday. Now that the lectionary has turned to Matthew (yay for that Matthew course!), Jesus and his followers aren't eating all the time.

But I am talking about champagne and celebration. We're baptizing a beautiful little girl. The New Year feels like such a time of possibility. Even through moments of much discomfort and nerve pain, I feel such joy in my work, such blessing to be in this place.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... actually... there is an equivalent number of food references in Matthew as in Luke. Luke says "table" alot, but Matthew is specific about the food types. So dig in. And bon appetite sermon writing!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Raisin said...

oh right...didn't you do some research about food in the gospel of matthew? how could i forget?yet, i don't think of the gospel passages we most often hear in matt as having as many meal settings as we hear in luke.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home