Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Books for the Lenten season

I'm on the hunt for books to use during my weekly Lenten meditations at noon. So far, I have Nouwen's Show Me the Way, Selected Poems of Thomas Merton, no doubt some T.S. Eliot, passages from Anne Lamott, and of course the appropriate lectionary passages for each day. I need more ideas. Now that there isn't a bookstore right below my bedroom, I can't easily page through books that look appealing. So please let me know of any books that you like so well that they come to mind right away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

There is a series of books that are short (3-7 page) readings from various Famous Writer People, for church seasons. I think the Lenten one is called "Bread & Wine". Also, any of Sam Potaro's meditation books are fabulous - we used his book on Lesser Feasts & Fasts at noon services a lot, at my old church.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home