Monday, August 11, 2008

Meet my grandmother

Her name was Evelyn, she lived to be 95, and she was one of the most feisty and outrageous women we ever knew. She also swore often and loudly.

Today, trying for an hour to resolve a problem with my new student loan company, I came close to losing my cool. Finally I logged into their new website and was asked for a password. The first word that came to mind began with "f" and since I try not to use that word much, I substituted the alternate "f" word (coined by a fellow seminarian several years ago): "filioque." So I typed in "filioque" and went on to the "secret" security questions.

The first question asked for my maternal grandmother's first name. I thought I'd typed in "Evelyn," but her name came out later on the approved personal page as "Filioque."

Now, every time I wish to access my information, I'll have to say my grandmother's name is Filioque. Oh, dear. I hope she's laughing right now.

Actually, for all her years of heavy swearing, the last words she spoke to me were, "God bless you."

1 Comments:

Blogger The Archer of the Forest said...

I am not all that thrilled with this new education loan operation either. I had a run in with them when I tried to contact them about who they were and why they were suddenly my new lender.

After being on hold for half the afternoon, they were really snotty on the phone. They told me, "Well, IDAPP should have told you this information."

Well, they didn't, so I am asking you.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home