Saturday, February 18, 2006

For Those Who Wanted to Know

After leaving Evanston late (having compromised on saying I'd be in two places during the lunch hour) and checking on my parents on the way, I arrived home safely last evening. Here in Iowa, I found the streets and sidewalks totally covered with ice. This morning it's 8 below zero! But it's wonderful to be in a non-smoky environment, and that also may explain why this was the first morning in weeks that I've awakened without a headache. (Of course, it also helps to be in the same house as my Valentine.)

I brought 17 books home. No, make that 20. I am NOT, as one of our professors suggested of those who choose to spend Reading Week elsewhere, just "taking a vacation." Harumph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home