Monday, February 04, 2008

RIP, Little White Car

We learned today that my white Civic is beyond repair after my accident on the interstate (see two posts ago). Though I expected to hear this, I think about that car having transported me to and from my jobs at both our sponsoring parish and the local wine shop, between two hospital campuses during CPE, and then all the trips between Iowa and Evanston for three years of seminary. We drove it to our seminary graduation, Noah's college graduation, and both our ordinations.

I can just see it parked outside the apartments at Seabury, available to students when they needed to borrow a car. I see it covered like a big marshmallow during the January snows. I see it with a white dog wagging her tail inside as we'd get ready to pull out of the parking lot and head west. It's just a car, but it was a companion for some significant life events. And now, I'll need a new Episcopal shield!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Archer of the Forest said...

There must be something going around. My rector totalled his car about a month ago. He's fine, just had to sit next to some guy with the plague for 3 hours at his remedial driving school.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home