Three Weird Things and Three Saints
1. Orange foods worry me, but only if they're hot: squash, sweet potatoes, carrots (raw carrots are fine). But in the fruit category, cantaloupe is likewise scary. If this "orange food" aversion points toward a serious personal flaw, please don't tell my bishop.
2. I have never, ever learned to snap my fingers. They simply won't snap.
3. I once imagined baptizing a duck. The duck was waiting at the front doors of the church where I worked when I arrived one morning, and was still there when I retrieved the mail a few hours later. I thought that the duck must be hungry, and wanted to feed it some bread, but all we had was communion bread. I didn't know from the bread's location if it were left over from Sunday's service (hope not, but it happens). It occurred to me that I might be giving communion bread to the unbaptized, so I began to imagine... (this time, really don't tell my bishop).
1. Julian of Norwich ("All shall be well...")
2. Hildegard of Bingen (her music, her poetry, her knowledge of medicine)
3. Catherine of Siena (find out more in chapel on Monday)